Monday, November 25, 2013

Day 1 continued: Alabama

11/24/13. We stayed in Silas our first night on our road trip with Billy and Donna (my little step-brother/sister-in-law). We had such a good visit and just about ate ourselves sick thanks to Sharon and Donnie (Donna's parents). I am definitely going to have to try my hand at a Boston butt one of these days now that I know the secret!

I also learned how to keep the coyotes and bob cats from stealing the chickens and barn cats on the farm - hang the bodies of trapped coyotes and bob cats from the trees as a warning that that's what happens if you try to get the chickens or barn cats (pic. 1).

Can you imagine living with this every day, right on your property (pic. 2)? It's absolutely beautiful. I think I could live on a farm ... if I didn't have to do farm stuff! Just live on all that land with no neighbors!

Billy and Donna's "guest house" was their huge fifth wheel (pic. 3)! It had all the comforts of home and was so comfortable!

Donna, Billy and Jim (pic. 4). Donna, Billy and me (pic. 5).

1 comment:

  1. Anita - no reflection on your beautiful rels, but we met a couple from Alabama on our circumnavigation cruise - hard to describe, but suffice to say I have no idea why they travel - they weren't interested in anything (well she wasn't, he was a smidge more engaged) and complained about the heat all the time on the trip we did in Bali

    ReplyDelete