Friday, November 29, 2013

Day 4: Georgia

11/27/13. Another cold morning in Tennessee but we were heading south as soon as we ate and gassed up! We drove south thru Georgia and stopped for the night in Valdosta, a handful of miles from Florida. It was 32° when we left Tennessee and it was 45° when we stopped for the day but it was windy so it didn't feel very warm.

Several months ago I bought eBags for traveling purposes (it makes packing so nice and keeps the suitcases nice and tidy)! Anyway, Jim's clothes in our shared large suitcase are a mess while my eBags stay so nice and nothing gets wrinkled (pic. 1). Needless to say, he now wants some too!

We passed lots of cotton fields on our way south. Georgia also has it figured out that travelers need rest areas. They're clean and plentiful with beautiful Georgia pines (pic. 2).

I saw this truck at a rest area and just had to take a picture (pic. 3). I'd never seen a Pollywog truck before! I want to know if the Pollywog truck was going to the Piggly Wiggly! ;-)

We ate dinner tonight at Cheddar's. There are 2 in Georgia and 8 in Florida. I had fried catfish and it was very good!  Of course I had sweet tea too!

I'm definitely looking forward to getting to Port Charlotte, Florida tomorrow where it's going to be in the 70's and 80° by Saturday! Yay, warm weather again!

No comments:

Post a Comment