Monday, October 17, 2016

Days 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14: 18 Night Transpacific Cruise - At Sea

The temperature is starting to cool down the farther south we go. It's only supposed to be in the low 60's when we get to New Zealand in 6 days.

Day 11 was the Mystery Dinner. After lunch Jim started not feeling well (he figured it could have either been the mayonnaise that was kept out on the counter instead of being kept in the refrigerator or the lunch meat) so he ended up not going (it took a few days for him to start feeling better). It was held at Giovanni's Italian Restaurant. I was hoping for lasagna but that's not what we were served.
Crab cake - I ate the whole thing and it wasn't bad.

Steak - butterflied since I like my meat well done!

This was Tracy's main dish.

Tiramisu - very good (although not as good as my daughter-in-law's mother's!

I missed my guess on "whodunit" mystery but we had quite the excitement when the gal who really did it wasn't going to be taken alive and took me as hostage with a spoon to my throat!

And our towel animal that night:

In the middle of the night of Day 11, about 2:00 a.m., we ran through a big storm - lightning, thunder and pouring rain. The captain said in a later update that it only lasted 15 minutes.

Day 12 Jim still wasn't feeling well so he missed dinner again. It was Italian night in the dining room and the lasagna was so good. It's made just like my daughter-in-law's family in Florence, Italy makes it. YUMMY!

The dining room staff also sang O Sole Mio for us. It was awesome and the entire dining room sang along and waved our napkins!

This guy changed the dirty tables into clean tables in about 30 seconds flat - no matter the size of the table. He called Jim "Boss" and me "Boss of the Boss"! He told me to tell Jim he missed him when he missed dinner! Jim called him "Shorty" - even though they were the same height!

Another one of the waiters in the dining room is almost the spitting image of President Barack Obama. Here he is with our assistant waiter, Iputu!

Day 13 dawned cool and rainy and the seas were quite choppy. But towards evening it calmed down quite a bit, the skies turned brighter and sunny and the seas became more following again.


Day 14 was very nice with sun and following seas. I actually did some quilting today - first time since we got on this ship.

While I was quilting on Deck 6, Steve Davis, Cruise Director, and the Captain, came along and sat down for a quick interview session. He happened to look at me and I said: Smile, you're on candid camera!

We went to a matinee today - Martin Lass, a fiddler. He was pretty good. A different entertainer than Gary Lovini (who, in my opinion, was better). So, our first show on this cruise.

Sajan has to make different towel animals for Tracy than he makes for us and Valerie & Ian since we were on the ship last cruise and she wasn't. Here's ours this time!


No comments:

Post a Comment