Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Pacific Coast Cruise 9-20-15 Astoria, Oregon

This early to bed is becoming a habit - I haven't decided if it's good or bad though! I woke in the night and this ship was rockin' and rollin'! I wondered if we'd be able to get in through the Columbia River bar to port in Astoria.

When I opened the curtains this morning the first thing I saw was the pilot boat pulling up to our ship so I knew we'd make it in through the bar!

We had to clear Customs before we could leave the ship.


After that we took the bus into town and went to the Columbia Maritime Museum.



Jim really enjoyed it. He's watched many documentaries on TV about this bar and it was fun for him to visit this museum and see the history.

Me, I enjoyed the Astoria Sunday Market! There were lots of craftsmen selling their wares (of course I had to buy kettle corn,  candied almonds and homemade peanutbutter cups)!


One of my favorite things I saw:




I want Jim to make me at least four of these next spring although I can decide which style back I like!

We went to the Vortex for Diamond C&A drinks before dinner.

We are really enjoying our waiter in the dining room, Meklinson:

After dinner, we booked a "Next Cruise" for 2017. We're looking at an east coast trip from New York up to Canada and Nova Scotia and Newfoundland (or something like that)!

We were sad, but not surprised, that the Seahawks lost to the Packers tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment