Sunday, September 11, 2016

Day 2: 11 Night Hawaii Cruise - At Sea

We didn't wake up until sometime after 6 this morning (10 hours). So it's confirmed, we do sleep better, and longer, on a cruise ship! It was pretty dreary this morning though. The rocking of the ship was side-by-side so the pool water was really sloshing out all over the decks both outside and in the Solarium. It's a wonder people didn't fall on the wet, slick floor.

We were disappointed it was so hard to find coffee between 6 and 7 a.m. The only place was the Solarium and the line was ridiculously long and they kept running out of regular coffee. But we finally got some.

I had my standard cruise breakfast: 2 eggs over medium (made at the egg bar) and 2 pieces of that wonderful bread with fruit. I forgot to take a picture - hopefully I'll remember tomorrow!

Look what I saw flying 2 decks below us! Go Seahawks!

Valerie and I did a half hour walk (walking fairly fast) before heading to the scrapbook session. I didn't make my page but helped Valerie with hers.

I took a picture of my lunch today since I didn't think anyone would believe me when I said all I had was salads to eat! Proof!

The afternoon was spent mostly in the cabin except for when I went to Guest Services to replace my Seapass card. I'd been so careful to keep it away from my cell phone but I let it get by my sunglass case which has a magnetic closure. And this is what we see every day from our balcony!

While we were having before dinner drinks in the Diamond Lounge (heretofore known as DL), the maitre'd for the entire ship stopped by and asked if we had any complaints. I told him about the morning coffee situation and how on other ships there was coffee outside the WJ but since there's a hotdog stand on this ship, there's no coffee. He made a phone call and said from now on there would be a coffee table there from 6 to 7 every morning. We'll see tomorrow!

Another early night after dinner! We didn't have any table mates tonight - just the 4 of us. Dinner, again, was very good.

We had our first towel animal tonight!

There's another scrapbooking session tomorrow afternoon. She showed us some cute card kits I might buy.

There's also a quilting group on board but I've yet to look them up.

In bed by 9:47. I don't know when we'll be able to stay up longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment