Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 7: 11 Night Hawaii Cruise - Lahaina, Maui (Day 1)

When we looked out our cabin this morning we were just passing Kaanapali heading down toward Lahaina. When we opened the door to the balcony, boy oh boy, we definitely were not expecting the heat and humidity - although we should have been! We will be overnighting in Lahaina so will have 2 full days here.

Once we got off the ship, tendered in to the port and found the bus stop to Kaanapali, we had missed the bus by 3 minutes so ended up taking a taxi up to Black Rock. It was too hot & humid to sit for half an hour on a hot bus with no air conditioner.

The beach never changes! We were on the far side of Black Rock where the water wasn't as churned up and the surf wasn't as high. The water was very warm, too. Valerie, Ian & Jim all went snorkeling but I decided to just swim a bit!
 Valerie

 Ian

 Jim

We had lunch at Hula Grill! We had eaten there in 2009 with Frank & Diane Giorlando and remembered that it was pretty good. And it was just as we remembered.

I don't know what this tree is called but our neighbor at home has a tiny one. These trees are all over Maui and they're huge. They have little pinkish blossoms on top of the leaves that are feathery looking.

After lunch, we shopped at Whaler's Village. We found my favorite store - CROCS! Between the 4 of us, we walked out with 6 pair of CROCS! I love my CROCS thongs. I prefer to go barefoot but if I have to wear shoes of any kind, it's my CROCS thongs!

Home away from home - Radiance of the Seas!







No comments:

Post a Comment