Monday, September 12, 2016

Day 3: 11 Night Hawaii Cruise - At Sea

9/11/2016 My mom would have been 82 today. I thought about her when I woke up. We would have celebrated her birthday before we left but I wouldn't have been able to call her. Happy Birthday Mom. I miss you! I actually started this travel blog for her so she could keep up with what we were doing on our travels.

The closer we get to Hawaii the nicer it gets. We woke up to sunny skies and a following sea (meaning the waves were going the same direction we were so hardly any movement or rocking & rolling of the ship)! Wow, I sound like I know what I'm talking about!

So, our first stop was outside the WJ and Maitre'D Shamus Gee was true to his word! A special coffee table was set up and waiting! It's only available from 6 - 7 a.m. but that's okay! I hope we get to see him tonight so I can thank him for taking care of that problem!

We were informed by Steve Davis, the Cruise Director, that the ship had lost satellite signal once we'd cruised into the open ocean so we wouldn't be watching any football today. YIKES.  Fortunately I have some free internet and was able to Facebook chat with Tracy while the game was still on to find out that the Seahawks beat Miami 12 - 10! WOOHOO!

The internet on the ship is horribly slow. While I was able to FB chat, email was another story altogether. If I didn't get a bit of free internet, I surely wouldn't pay for it. And it's been very nice not having news and not having to hear anything about the orange man!

The afternoon was spent just lazing around! It's tough being at sea! I did go to the scrapbook class again but only bought a couple kits and a card kit to take home and use when I make my cruise scrapbook! Except for the picture above, I realized I didn't take any pictures either. I'll have to make sure and remedy that from now on. Although if you've seen one picture of the blue sky and ocean, you've seen them all.

We had our usual pre-dinner drinks in the DL and after dinner we made it to the show. It was Savanah Smith paying tribute to famous female singers. She could really sing, but it wasn't really our thing.

We set our clocks back an hour again last night and will have to set them back one more time before we get to Hawaii.




1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you as you deal with your mom'/ first bday since she's passed. I totally get it.

    ReplyDelete