Monday, December 23, 2013

Day 2. At Sea.

12/22/13. After sleeping 11 hours, this was what I saw out my balcony (pic. 1). We only eat in the Windjammer (pic. 2) on these cruises (did the main dining room on our first two cruises and much prefer casual and no specific time) so didn't have to rush around for breakfast.  We sat and enjoyed the view (lots of water! ) while drinking coffee and having my morning oatmeal (or porridge as our friends Valerie and Ian call it)!

On a side note to Valerie and Ian and Michelle, every time we put more than two, or three, or four desserts on our plate,  we say we're Ian'ing it! Plus were not doing ISH since that's only our group thing!

Tracy and I decorated our cabin door and cabin (pics. 3 and 4). We haven't seen any other decorations and our cabin steward, Raj, said there aren't any in the cabins he's responsible for. We did change our door sign for the day in support of the Seahawks (pic. 5).

Our day at sea was very peaceful. The Captain said it was going to be 75° with 3 foot waves and a beautiful sailing day.  We sat outside and read and napped and people watched. I only saw one cloud the entire day (pic. 6).

The only sad thing to report for the day was the Seahawks loss to Arizona. The Saints also lost. Now I'm rooting for the 40-whiners to lose on Monday Night Football.

Our first towel animal of the day (pic. 7).

Jim and I were back in bed about 9:00. This cruising sure makes a person sleep good! It must be the rocking and rolling of the ship! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the exclusive rights to ISH ;)

    Love the door decorations - you are sooooooooo creative. Are you going to put up a CC sign on the TA? I'm thinking of it but I know Ian will object

    ReplyDelete