Saturday, December 28, 2013

Day 7. At Sea

Blue Friday - Go Seahawks!

It's a little cooler and overcast (pic. 1) out today - definitely getting closer to New Orleans!

It's amazing how small the world really is.  As I was rounding a corner today I ran into a woman wearing a Washington State t-shirt. I said "Go Cougs"! She replied back "Go Seahawks"! She's originally from Yakima. It was fun to chat with her and I was able to give her a few tips on things to do in New Orleans (she's staying 4 days after the cruise).

Tracy and I played some more Cribbage again today.  Hopefully I'll remember everything I learned when we meet again in April for our trans-Atlantic cruise!

I've seen a lot of New Orleans Saints clothing on the ship.  I've also seen Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers, and New England Patriots clothes. I've also gotten a few Go Seahawks with high 5's!

This afternoon we saw the juggler. He was funny as well as had a good juggling act. Then the final show of the cruise this evening was a comedian and he was pretty funny, too. It was a good day for shows and we didn't take in too many shows this cruise since we went to bed so early every night.

We counted 10 oil platforms tonight out in the Gulf of Mexico. And if I could only stay up another two hours we'd be starting up the Mississippi River but since it's dark we wouldn't be able to see anything anyway.

I forgot to mention that yesterday Jim bought me the Guess purse I've been looking at daily down in the shops (pic. 2)!

It was a fun and relaxing cruise. We all got a lot of reading done. I almost finished crocheting a doily. I learned to play Cribbage. And, oh yeah, we ate good food! Unfortunately, tomorrow it's back to the real world.

Prepared 12/27/13.

1 comment:

  1. Oh - I love that Guess bag. I looked at a few while on Radiance, but nothing really suited. Happy Christmas - well done Jim.

    ReplyDelete