Saturday, December 28, 2013

Day 6. At Sea.

Cruising is the life for me! I think we were asleep by 8:30 again last night. The movement of the ship just lulls you to sleep and let's you sleep for hours!

It was a little choppy again this morning and overcast (pic. 1) and it's supposed to be warm and muggy. I'll be staying inside where it's cool! Sometime in the night we passed Key West so we're back in the Gulf of Mexico.

Since we weren't able to make our final port of call, our Captain tried to get us back into Key West today but all the docks were full and there was no room for our ship. So we just kept on cruising.

I actually watched the cruise director,  the food and beverage manager and the head chef participate in a cake decorating contest. The subject picked by a passenger was cruise ship. Believe it or not but the food and beverage manager won the contest (pics. 2 and 3). They really hammed it up! (The winning cake was on the left.)

We also went to the Love & Marriage show (like The Newlywed Game). OMG, talk about hilarious!  The three couples were: 4 months married,  28 years married, and 62 years married. I don't know what was more funny - when the person answered the question or the look of the spouse when they heard the answer the other had given OR when the cruise director made such a big deal about the answers! It was a fun way to spend an hour!

Tracy taught me to play Cribbage today. She laughs at me 'cuz I can't count up the points as fast as she can. Boo on her - at least I'm learning a new game!

We didn't get a towel animal last night. This morning I left Raj (pic. 4) a note letting him know we really missed it. He left a note back (pic. 5).

We went to the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's show tonight before dinner. It was pretty good with lots of costume changes.

Raj left two towel animals as promised (pics. 6 and 7).

We were in for the night around 8:00 to shower and read for awhile. I have lots planned for tomorrow along with packing our cabin up.

Prepared 12/26/13.

1 comment:

  1. 15, 2 15, 4 and I always know 8+7 = 15 ;) Used to love playing cribbage.

    Love and Marriage show is hilarious if the CD gets it right. CD on Radiance was a bit of a disappointment with the show, but the concessional comment is he really only has the the material he is given to work with I suppose.

    ReplyDelete