Saturday, December 28, 2013

Day 4. Christmas Eve in Nassua, Bahamas.

12/24/13. We pulled away from the dock in Key West before the HAL ship (pic. 1) yesterday. The pilot boat picked up their pilot after we'd cleared the harbor (pic. 2). And finally, we watched the beautiful sunset from our balcony (pics. 3 and 4).

We woke up today (Christmas Eve) to another beautiful morning (pic. 5). After coffee, Jim and I walked around the ship and ended up on the heli-pad on the front of the ship (pics. 6 and 7).

As I was wandering the ship this morning,  I came across this gingerbread village (pic. 8).

I've also seen a few art pieces that have caught my eye. This is one of them (pic. 9).

We pulled into Nassau before noon. It was a pretty little harbor (pic. 10) but with 5 ships in Port it was pretty crowded. There were three Carnival ships, our ship, and another Royal Caribbean ship - Majesty of the Seas (pics. 11 and 12).

Tracy and I ventured off the ship but it was hot,  humid and so crowded we weren't off long and the minute we came back on board we couldn't get into the pool quick enough!

All the Carnival ships pulled out between 5:00 and 6:00 (pics. 13, 14 and 15). We were finally able to see Atlantis on the little Paradise Island (pic. 16).

Before I headed to my cabin, I went up top for one final walk around. The Majesty of the Seas was still in Port (pic. 17). She was all lit up!

Finally, Raj left us another towel animal (18).

Prepared 12/24/13.

1 comment: