Saturday, December 28, 2013

Day 5. Merry Christmas!

12/25/13. I was in bed last night by 8:00 and after 11 hours of sleep, woke up to a blustery day with very choppy seas. The ship made it to our destination of Coco Cay but the seas were too high to tender in so we ended up with another sea day.

Majesty pulled away from the island ahead of us (pic. 1). I guess we're just going to slowly make our way back to New Orleans. After we left Coco Cay, we saw a Princess ship way off in the distance as well as a Norwegian ship close enough that I could get a good picture (pic. 2).

It ended up being a very lazy day. We spent time in the Solarium this morning reading (I also did a little crocheting). Then we spent time in our cabin reading,  watching TV and napping. After dinner (yes, they offered turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes & gravy), we walked around the shops (still haven't bought anything), walked a lap around deck 5, watched the aerial show "Jack and his magic beans" and made our way to our cabin by 7:40. We're really living now!

Every time I either climb the stairs, or go down the stairs to our cabin, I know I'm on the right deck when I see this wall sculpture (pic. 3).

One of the suggestions I picked up from our Cruise Critic boards for our trans-Atlantic cruise, turned out to be a great tip (pic. 4). I will definitely be using that on every cruise from here on out!

Another tip was using magnetic clips to hold papers,  like the daily Compass. I did buy a couple but they were too small so didn't hold as much as I would have liked.  I'll definitely be getting the bigger ones for our next cruise!

Prepared 12/25/13.

1 comment:

  1. I bought one of those pocket thingies for our trans-Pacific, but haven't really used it on our other cruises even though I took it. I don't have so much stuff to put in it like hair straighteners, elastics etc. ;)

    ReplyDelete