Sunday, April 27, 2014

TA Day 12. At Sea

I slept 9 hours last night. After all the walking and climbing we had done, and little sleep the night before, I knew I'd sleep good! My first view this morning (pic. 1) was much better than yesterday morning.

We entered the English Channel about noon which explains why we've been seeing more freighters (pic. 2) and why we're only going 13 knots.

We got our passports back today. Customs officials really had their work cut out for them having to stamp all the passports for everyone on the ship. That explains why there were over half a dozen of them on board when we were getting off. I do have a pet peeve about how the Passports are stamped. Check it out (pic. 3). Notice it? They stamped it on page 19. It's the first stamp in my new passport. Why in the world couldn't they have stamped it on the first empty page?

We decided to not eat lunch today, since we ate breakfast late and instead decided to have strawberries and scones at 3:00. I had an individual serving size of trail mix as a snack to hold me over until 3:00. Why did they have to put in so many cashews (pic. 4)? Yuck! I saved them for Jim!

You can really tell we're in the English Channel. At one point, there were 7 freighters off our starboard side (note to self: make sure future cabins are either aft or the port side since smoking is allowed on the starboard side on decks 5 & 9 and occasionally the smell reaches my balcony).

I did a little bit of hand washing today including Jim's Seahawks shirt (pic. 5)

We met at the pool bar at 6:00 for Round 5 of sail-away drinks. Unfortunately it was too cold so we headed in to dinner a half hour early.

I got back to my cabin in time to video Ferdinand making our towel animal tonight, a frog (pic. 6). He's so proud that I video him!

The Captain earlier today said we were cruising about 13 knots. I think we've slowed down since this loaded down freighter (pic. 7) is passing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment