Wednesday, April 23, 2014

TA Day 5. At Sea.

Every sea day so far has been just like the last one - blue skies and sunny (pic. 1). This morning was a little different in that it didn't seem as windy since apparently we were cruising the same direction as the wind. After coffee, and before breakfast, we walked a couple of laps up top on Deck 10.

After breakfast, I was going to take a shower and was advised the water had been shut off ship-wide due to a leak. It was off about an hour. At the same time, they were fumigating the cabins. The crew on this ship is taking the norovirus very seriously. All precautions are being taken to make sure nobody gets sick.

I finished my first quilt block today (pic. 2). Once all the blocks are done, I'll use gray fabric strips to sew them all together. The back fabric will be gray and the border will probably be green unless I have enough of the Seahawks fabric left!

After lunch I took another picture off our balcony (pic. 3). I've heard stories about the bad weather crossing the Atlantic Ocean but lady luck is on our side this crossing! We even crossed through the Bermuda Triangle with no problem!

As I was leaving the Windjammer after lunch, one of the couples I'd met on our Cruise Critic board commented on my Seahawks shirt. They live in Seattle so we had to spend a few minutes (or 20) bashing the Broncos and 49ers and reliving the Seahawks Superbowl win! What fun we had! LOL

I wasn't in the mood to watch the game show this afternoon so I started anotherquilt block and then took a nap (this cruising is hard work)!

After my nap, I spent time teaching Valerie how to make frig towels. We got row 1 done before she had to rush off to trivia and I headed off to the spa to get my hair cut!

After dinner, we watched Hypnotist Christopher Caress. Some of the volunteers were quite comical. But the discussion afterwards was: was it real or fake and plants in the audience?

After the show we were going to walk around the top deck but it was closed due to high winds. Fortunately, we must be going in the same direction as the wind because we're only getting a little more movement than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment