Wednesday, April 23, 2014

TA Day 3. At Sea.

My view first thing this morning (pic. 1). It was sunny again but cooler than yesterday. The Captain told us yesterday that we had traveled farther North than planned to avoid the high seas which would in turn save fuel. Today he told us the big rollers we'd been having were behind us. That's good because as we were leaving the Windjammer last night after dinner a huge "dip" up then down sent a stack of plates crashing to the floor.

The Captain also advised us that we had traveled over 700 nautical miles and still had over 2200 to go before we reached The Azores off the coat of Portugal. Our waves today would be between 4 and 8 feet.

I got a start on the first block of my Seahawks quilt. I realized the only thing I forgot to bring was the back fabric. My plan was to quilt each block when it was done. Even without the back fabric I think it will still work out. I have an idea!

Our cruise critic group had a cabin crawl today that I attended. It was very fun to see all the different types of cabins on the ship. Since I've already booked our 2015 cruise in a balcony, I'll leave it. However, when I book the 4 cruises for 2016, I'll be trying for a junior suite with an aft balcony. I love being in the back of the ship watching the churning water from the engines and the wake from the ship.

Jim took in a movie in the theater this afternoon while I slept it away! It was great!

The evening was very uneventful. The entertainment was a production show which did not interest us so we walked a bit before heading to bed (pics. 2 & 3). Cruising is hard to do! Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment