Wednesday, April 23, 2014

TA Day 2. At Sea.

We had a bit of rocking and rolling last night; however, I woke up once and it was very calm!

This was my first view of the ocean today (pic. 1). I was shocked it was so nice. I figured since we were heading across the Atlantic it would be cold. The forecast for today was 82°!

After breakfast, we attended the Meet & Mingle (there were 254 of us who signed up on cruisecritic.com). The ship sponsors a get together with drinks and snacks. A few of us also participated in a gift exchange (something that represents where you live - my gift was a New Holland tractor for Quincy and a Mardi Gras necklace I grabbed this year for New Orleans). Somebody brought a Superbowl reusable grocery bag (pic. 2) from New York. When it was Valerie's turn, she grabbed that bag, held it up to me and asked what it was worth, and I told her it was worth a week in Tasmania! She brought me the bag and I gave her mine when it was my turn!

It's been a pretty lazy day. Jim & I went to the matinee to see the juggler. He was pretty funny. Afterwards we went for a walk and had a mocha frap (pics. 3, 4 & 5).

With the rocking and rolling of the ship, the barf bags (pic. 6) were put out!

I was very pleased to see that my favorite cruise line (Royal Caribbean) shops at my favorite store (Costco) (pic. 7).

The show tonight was a violinist from the U.K. named Gary Lovini. He put on a great show and is an awesome violinist. I bought 2 of his cd's.

And we got our first towel animal tonight (pic. 8).

No comments:

Post a Comment